RISTEX's Policy for Official Social Media Accounts
This policy sets forth matters relating to the management and operation of social media accounts ("Official Social Media Accounts") managed and operated by the Research Institute of Science and Technology for Society (RISTEX) of the Japan Science and Technology Agency (JST).
2. Basic Policy
Official Social Media Accounts shall be operated in accordance with the following.
(1) Information to be distributed
The following information shall be posted on Official Social Media Accounts:
- New announcements from RISTEX
- Notices of events and related activities by RISTEX
- Information RISTEX considers relevant to its activities
(2) Responses to comments
In general, we will not respond to comments posted to our Official Social Media Accounts.
You are welcome to submit your comments/inquiries to the E-mail address provided below.
(1) When posting information on Official Social Media Accounts, due care shall be exercised to ensure that information is accurate to the extent possible, but no warranties are made concerning the accuracy, reliability, or utility of posted information.
(2) The content of Official Social Media Accounts is subject to change without prior notice.
(3) RISTEX shall not bear any liability whatsoever for direct or indirect losses arising in relation to Official Social Media Accounts.
(4) RISTEX shall not bear any liability whatsoever even in the event of problems or disputes arising between users or between users and third parties in relation to Official Social Media Accounts.
4. Deletion of information posted by users
Please note that in the following cases, information may be deleted or accounts may be blocked without prior notice.
- Content that is or is likely to be in violation of laws, regulations, etc.;
- Statements that defames a specific individual, organization, etc.;
- Statements that has a political or religious purpose;
- Statements the violate copyrights, trademarks, rights to likeness, or other intellectual property rights;
- Advertisements, publicity, inducement, sales activities, and statements with other commercial purposes;
- Statements that discriminate or promote discrimination on the basis of race, thought, creed, etc.;
- Statements that are contrary to public order or morals;
- Statements that violate privacy such as identifying, disclosing, or leaking personal information without the individual's consent;
- Statements that impersonate another user, third person, etc.;
- Malicious software and the like;
- Inappropriate statements including obscenity and the like;
- Statements the modify the content of RISTEX posts in whole or in part;
- Statements that are unrelated to the content of RISTEX posts; and
- In addition to the above, information that RISTEX deems to be inappropriate and links to sites that contain such content.
Except in cases of private use and conduct permitted under the Copyright Act such as quotations, the content of Official Social Media Accounts may not be reproduced without RISTEX's approval. When quoting the content of Official Social Media Accounts, please provide a proper attribution.
6. Revision of Operating Policies
RISTEX may modify its operating policies, review or suspend operating methods without prior notice.
7. Contact Information for Inquiries
Research Institute of Science and Technology for Society (RISTEX)
If you have comments/inquiries, please contact us by E-mail.