Dynamic monitoring of homeostasis disruption using hyperpolarized 13C MRI
|Graduate School of Information Science and Technology|
Hyperpolarization is a novel technique to enhance NMR signal of 13C labeled molecules > 10,000 times, which can visualize dynamic metabolic reactions in the body. Simultaneous imaging of exogenously administered multiple metabolic probes will make it possible to non-invasively detect the homeostasis disruption resulting from various diseases.
- Saito K, Matsumoto S, Takakusagi Y, Matsuo M, Morris HD, Lizak MJ, Munasinghe JP, Devasahayam N, Subramanian S, Mitchell JB, Krishna MC. 13C-MR Spectroscopic Imaging with Hyperpolarized [1-13C]pyruvate Detects Early Response to Radiotherapy in SCC Tumors and HT-29 Tumors. Clin Cancer Res. 2015, 21(22), 5073-81
- Yasui H, Kawai T, Matsumoto S, Saito K, Devasahayam N, Mitchell JB, Camphausen K, Inanami O, Krishna MC. Quantitative imaging of pO2 in orthotopic murine gliomas: hypoxia correlates with resistance to radiation. Free Radic Res. 2017, 51(9-10), 861-871
- Takakusagi Y, Kishimoto S, Naz S, Matsumoto S, Saito K, Hart CP, Mitchell JB, Krishna MC. Radiotherapy Synergizes with the Hypoxia-Activated Prodrug Evofosfamide: In Vitro and In Vivo Studies. Antioxid Redox Signal. 2018, 28(2), 131-140
- Kishimoto S, Matsumoto KI, Saito K, Enomoto A, Matsumoto S, Mitchell J, Devasahayam N, Krishna MC. Pulsed EPR imaging: Applications in the studies of tumor physiology. Antioxid Redox Signal. 2017, doi: 10.1089/ars.2017.7391. Epub ahead of print
- Amida T, Nakaoka R, Komarov DA, Yamamoto K, Inanami O, Matsumoto S, Hirata H. A 750-MHz electronically tunable resonator using microstrip line couplers for electron paramagnetic resonance imaging of a mouse tumor-bearing leg. IEEE Trans Biomed Eng. 2017, doi: 10.1109/TBME.2017.2743232. Epub ahead of print