（Last update: July 2022）
The Japan Science and Technology Agency (JST) is accepting proposals for Japanese-Brazilian collaborative research projects in the field of "Biotechnology/Bioenergy".
- Application of biotechnology for enhancing transfer efficiency of biomass to energy/ value-added materials
- Application of biotechnology for crop improvement
- Genetic resources/ microbiology for biotechnological application for food and bioenergy crops
Details of Support
Research networking and exchange projects selected for funding in this call will receive support for a period of 3 years totaling no more than approximately 18,200,000 JPY including direct and indirect costs.
Wednesday, 21st September 2022, 12:00 (Japan time)
Tuesday, 20th September 2022, 24:00 (Brazil time)
The Japanese-based Principal Investigator will have to register their application information, legal compliance checklist and compliance agreement on the Cross Ministerial R&D Management System (e-Rad).
The State of São Paulo-based Principal Investigator will have to register their application information to FAPESP through SAGe.
At the application registration, the State of São Paulo-based Principal Investigator will register the Japanese-based Principal Investigator as a team member in SAGe. The Japanese-based Principal Investigator will have to confirm the registration in SAGe.
Application Form (Japanese side)
|Document / Form||Links|
|Joint Call for Proposals|
|Joint proposal form||Word|
|Supplemental application form & Legal compliance checklist (in Japanese)||Word|
|Application guideline (in Japanese)|
- Compliance agreement documents require the stamp of the institution's top person. In the case of a university or college the top person is the president, not the dean.
- When research institutions are national or municipal organizations, such institutions concluding research contracts are obliged to implement necessary budgetary measures before entering research contracts for which they are responsible. Please confirm with your institution and contact JST before submitting.
Japan Science and Technology Agency (JST) Department of International Affairs
Mr. YODA Akira, Ms. SHIRAISHI Junko
Email: jointbrsp(at)jst.go.jp (replace (at) with @).
Tel.: +81-3-5214-7375; Fax.: +81-3-5214-7379
(Email is preferable if not urgent.)