Formation of International Center of Excellence for Promoting Teacher Education on ESD
- Education for Sustainable Development (ESD), in which UNESCO has taken the initiative since 2004, is now undertaken in the Global Action Program (GAP) on ESD, with the purpose of its worldwide spread.
- During this time, Okayama University has hold the only UNITWIN/UNESCO chair program on ESD in Asian countries and participates at the Okayama Regional Centre of Expertise on ESD authorized by the United Nations University, and has energetically promoted teacher education on ESD.
- This research project, supported by Japan Society for the Promotion of Science (JSPS), aims to collaboratively develop guidelines and recommendations to reorient teacher education in Asia to address sustainability, coordinating with core institutions on teacher education in East Asia (China, Korea, and Mongolia) and Southeast Asia (Indonesia, Laos, and yanmar).
- Okayama University Education for Sustainable Development Promotion Center
- e-mail :
- URL : http://esd.okayama-u.ac.jp/promotion_center/
Education and Research