Application for Additional Project Managers (Goal 9)
We have stopped accepting applications for Project Managers.
- 【Jun. 14, 2023 update】 Interviewees' e-Rad Project Numbers are posted.
- 【Apr. 5, 2023 update】 "Application Forms" is updated, and "Errata" is posted.
- 【Mar. 1, 2023 update】 Announcing Call for Proposals for Additional Project Managers under Moonshot Goals 9.
Since FY2022, R&D projects under Moonshot Goals 9 have been carried out by Project Managers (PMs) under the supervision of each goal’s Program Director (PD).
For Moonshot Goals 9, we plan to hold a call for proposals for additional PMs.
- Moonshot Goal 9 (PD : KUMAGAI Seiji)
Realization of a mentally healthy and dynamic society by increasing peace of mind and vitality by 2050.
Aiming to relieve negative feelings and prevent related phenomena in children (e.g. depression, stress, anxiety, loneliness, abuse, suicide) [Feasibility Study]*
* Feasibility Study: R&D project that contributes to the Moonshot Goal, without a scenario that leads to its achievement.
Call and Selection Schedule
* Dates of document/interview screening and announcement of selected Project Managers (PMs) are tentative and subject to change.
* Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, interviews may be held online.
|Application Deadline *||May 9, 2023 at 12:00 noon, Japan Standard Time|
|Document screening period||mid-May - early June|
|Interview screening period||July 4 and July 5, 2023
* Considering the number of the applicants, the event may be held only on Tuesday, July 4.
|Notification/announcement of selected Project Managers||early August|
* When the deadline is close, a large number of accesses may be made to e-Rad, which may overload the system, make you need a long time to view pages, make you unable to upload files, cause errors to make you go back to the top page etc., cause some other troubles, and make you unable to finish your application by the deadline. Allow yourself sufficient extra time to finish your application.
Interview Screening Schedule
* The e-Rad project numbers of the candidates who have requested to attend are posted. Interviewees will also be notified directly by e-mail.
* Interviews must be attended by the applicant in person, not a substitute.
For researchers that belong to overseas organizations
You can apply for this call as a proponent (PM) even if you currently belong to an organization outside Japan. However, you must choose a leader's institution* as base for your own activities in Japan within one month** of being selected.
* The leader's institution must be the PM's employer (a university, college, public organization, private enterprise, or the like) and be a Japanese corporation that is based in Japan.
** If the PM does not choose the present institution as the leader's institution, the deadline will be three months after the adoption.
A researcher that belongs to an overseas organization can join the program as a performer. However, the organization should enter into an R&D agreement with the content presented by JST.
For details, please refer to "3.5 Proponent requirements" and "4.8 Items the R&D institutions etc. should pay attention to in particular" in the application guidelines. Please also refer to FAQ No. 4-8.
How to Apply
Please fill in the following application forms and submit via e-Rad, the cross-ministerial R&D management system. Instructions on how to use e-Rad can be found e-Rad Operation Manual. Applicants must first register their applicant information and obtain an e-Rad login ID and password prior to application. Please allow two weeks or more for completing this process. If you have not finished your application steps from e-Rad before the deadline, your application, regardless of the reason, will not be accepted as a subject of our examination. A proposal using a non-standard form may also be rejected.
If the English version of the information of call for proposals including application guidelines does not conform to the Japanese version, the Japanese version shall prevail.
Please see the following URL for how to register : https://www.e-rad.go.jp/en/researcher/index.html
- For applicants (PM candidates) affiliated with a Japanese institution
Person responsible for e-Rad registration: Administrator at the institution
Registration items: Information regarding the institution and applicant
For more details on user registration, please refer to the website.
- For applicants (PM candidates) affiliated with a foreign institution, and applicants affiliated with no institution
Person responsible for e-Rad registration: Applicant
Registration item: Information regarding the applicant
For more details on user registration, please refer to the “Applying for registration”.
〈Documents will be available at a later date.〉
|Application Guidelines (Moonshot Goal 9)||(1.87MB)|
|Appendix 1 "R&D concept (Moonshot Goal 9)"||(1.26MB)|
|Appendix 2 "PD's supplement (Moonshot Goal 9)"||(820KB)|
|The basic approach for the Moonshot Research and Development Program||(97.1KB)|
|Guidelines for Operation and Evaluation of the Moonshot R&D Program||(281KB)|
|Application Forms (Moonshot Goal 9)||(104KB)|
|e-Rad Operation Manual for the Moonshot R&D Program||(2.31MB)|
The applicant must complete the educational program for research integrity as a prerequisite for application. Detailed information will be posted on this website. Note that if completion of the program cannot be confirmed, the application will be disqualified for failing to meet the requirements.
〈Contractual Agreement with JST to proceed Research and Development〉
|Contractual Research and Development Agreement||(310KB)|
|Instruction of procedures to execute contracted Research and Development||(for universities)|
|Instruction of procedures to execute contracted Research and Development||(for corporations)|
*Please make sure the latest version of documents with last update date.
Explanation Regarding Call for Proposals
Explanation of Call for Proposals will be released at a later date.
Inquries about Call for Proposals
Inquiries about Call for Proposals should be addressed to:
[JST] Department of Moonshot Research and Development Program
* Please make sure to write “[2023 PM]” in the subject.