（June 25, 2019）
The Japan Science and Technology Agency (JST) and the Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF), in order to promote international research interaction and exchange among researchers in Japan and Germany, are jointly accepting proposals for Japanese-German collaborative research projects in the field of "Optics and Photonics".
" Optics and Photonics "
The following research subtopics are targeted:
- Optical metrology and sensing
- Organic electronics
- Photonics in manufacturing
- Optical components and systems
Eligible for funding are consortia composed of at least four partners ("2+2"), two of them on the Japanese side and two on the German side. For each country, these consortia should include at least one university or research institution and one company.
Details of Support
Research networking and exchange projects selected for funding in this call will receive support for a period of 3 years totaling no more than approximately 54,000,000 JPY including direct and indirect costs. Full details of support can be found in the Japanese guidance information below and in the Call Document.
Program Officer（PO）（Japanese side）
Toyohiko YATAGAI, Ph.D., Research Professor, Utsunomiya University Center for Optical Research & Education
Period of the Call for Proposals
Tuesday 25, June to Wednesday 25, September 2019 (10:00 German time / 17:00 Japanese time)
- The joint proposal and Japanese application information should be submitted electronically via the Cross-Ministerial R&D Management System (e-Rad).
- An e-Rad guide for applicants (in Japanese) is available: 「e-Radによる応募方法」
- Compliance agreement documents require the stamp of the institution's top person. In the case of a university or college the top person is the president, not the dean.
- When research institutions are national or municipal organizations, such institutions concluding research contracts are obliged to implement necessary budgetary measures before entering research contracts for which they are responsible. Please confirm with your institution and contact JST before submitting.
- If applicants do not submit required documents to both JST and BMBF by the deadline, the proposal shall not be accepted and not be brought to the evaluation process.
- If your team includes universities or companies, a Letter of Intent (LoI) from each should be submitted electronically via the Cross-Ministerial R&D Management System (e-Rad). It is not necessary to submit the original LoI. The LoI can be several pages long.
- The call documents and guidance can be downloaded from below.
Document / Form Links Call Document PDF（1947 KB） 参画企業による費用負担・リソース提供および企業の参画における留意点について（only for Japanese side） PDF（265 KB） Application Form Word（254 KB） e-Radによる応募方法（e-Rad guide） PDF（2,350 KB）
Japan Science and Technology Agency (JST) Department of International Affairs
Dr. Takehito Higuchi, Mr. Oscar Rudenstam, Mr. Soichi Kubota
TEL： +81-3-5214-7375 FAX：+81-3-5214-7379