Call for Research Proposals<1st Term> 2020 in the Strategic Basic Research Programs, JST.
Schedule<1st Term>：FY2020 Existing Research Areas
- Application deadlines:
- CREST : Tuesday, May 19, 2020 at 12:00 noon, Japan time
PRESTO/ACT-X : Tuesday, May 12, 2020 at 13:00 , Japan time
- Notification of document screening results:
- Late in June - Middle of July
- Interview period: Early in July - Middle of July
- Research start: October, 2020 or After
Schedule<2nd Term>：FY2020 New Research Areas
- Invitation Period: Middle of April - Middle of June
- Screening Period: Late June - Middle of November
- Research Start: December 1st, 2020
- 2020.3.24Released a CREST, PRESTO and ACT-X call for Research Proposals<1st Term> for FY2020
- 2020.2.18Released Previous notice of Fiscal Year 2020 Call for Research Proposals for the Strategic Basic Research Programs.
- 2020.2.7Invitation for Japanese-French joint research proposals for two CREST Research Areas
- 2019.11.30Pre-announcement: Call for CREST, Japan(JST) - France(ANR) joint Research Proposals FY2020.
Educational Programs on Research Integrity
The research project applicant must complete the educational program for research integrity as a prerequisite for application. Note that if completion of the program cannot be confirmed, the application will be disqualified for failing to meet the requirements.
Please refer to here for further information.
Reference: JST Research Integrity
How to apply
Please submit your Research Proposal via e-Rad. No proposal for which the application procedure has not been completed via e-Rad by the deadline is subject to examination for any reason.
Since e-Rad system has not fully supported the application in English, it is recommended that Japanese associates apply on behalf of those who are not used to handling paperwork in Japanese.
If there is any contradiction between what the English language version of this website says and Japanese language version says, then the Japanese language version shall take precedence.