||Leo P. Kouwenhoven|
||Department of Applied Sciences, Delft University of Technology|
POB 5046, 2600GA, Delft, The Netherlands
||Ph.D Degree ( cum laude), TU Delft, June 1992|
||- Full Professor of physics at the TU Delft (since 04/99)|
- Associate at the Physics Department of Harvard University (08/01-08/02)
- Visiting scientist/professor at the Physics Department of Harvard University (08/00-08/01)
- Postdoc with Prof.McEuen at the University of California at Berkely (10/92-01/94)
- Visiting scientist with Prof. Sakaki, at the University of Tokyo (04/91-07/91)
||- Sackler prize in physics 2002. This international prize was awarded at Tel Aviv University on 27 May 2002. The prize (50 k$) was shared with U. Steiner|
- Quantum Devices Award from the 28th International Symposium on Compound Semiconductors (Tokyo, 1 October 2001) shared with M. Reed and S. Tarucha.
- Academy Research Fellowship of the Royal Netherlands Academy of Arts and Sciences.
- TALENT-stipendium for 1-year travel support (1992).
- Shell Prize for young researchers (02/93).
- Young-Author-Best-Paper-Award at the 20th International Conference on the Physics of Semiconductors, Thessaloniki, Greece (08/90).
|Organization of International Meetings|
||- Curacao-meeting: NATO summer school on "Mesoscopic electron transport" on the island Curacao (05/96) organized together with L. Sohn and G. Schon.|
- Noordwijk-meeting: NATO workshop on "The physics of few-electron nanostructures" in Noordwijk (09/92) organized together with C. Harmans and B. Geerligs.
- Electron Cotunneling in a Semiconductor Quantum Dot. S. De Franceschi, S. Sasaki, J.M. Elzerman, W.G. van der Wiel, S. Tarucha, and L.P. Kouwenhoven, Phys. Rev. Lett. 86, 878-881(2001)
- Direct Coulomb and exchange interaction in Artificial Atoms. S. Tarucha, D.G. Austing, Y. Tokura, W.G. van der Wiel, and L.P. Kouwenhoven, Phys. Rev. Lett. 84, 2484-2488 (2000)
- Double quantum dots as detectors of high-frequency quantum noise in mesoscopic conductors. R. Aguado and L.P Kouwenhoven, Phys. Rev. Lett. 84, 1986-1989 (2000)
- Two-dimensional imaging of electronic wavefunctions in carbon nanotubes. S. G. Lemay, J. W. Janssen, M. van den Hout, M. Mooij, M. J. Bronikowski, P. A. Willis, R. E. Smalley, L. P. Kouwenhoven, and C. Dekker, Nature 412, 617-620, (2001)
- Kondo effect in an integer-spin quantum dot. S. Sasaki, S. De Franceschi, J.M. Elzerman, W.G. van der Wiel, M. Eto, S. Tarucha, and L.P. Kouwenhoven, Nature 405, 764-767 (2000)
- The Kondo effect in the unitary limit observed in a quantum dot and Aharonov-Bohm ring. W.G. van der Wiel, S. De Franceschi, T. Fujisawa, J.M. Elzerman, S. Tarucha, and L.P. Kouwenhoven, Science 289, 2105-2108 (2000).
- Low-temperature STM studies on carbon nanotubes (together with C. Dekker)|
- Tunable Kondo effects in quantum dots (together with S. Tarucha).
- Realization of 2D artificial atoms in quantum dot transistors (together with S. Tarucha)
- First high-frequency experiments in the quantum regime (i.e. photon-assisted tunneling) in mesoscopic structures (during postdoc with P. McEuen)
- First single-electron tunneling and turnstile experiments in semiconductor quantum dots (simultaneously with similar experiments in 1990 by M. Kastner at MIT).
- First measurements of edge channels in the regime of the fractional QHE in 1990.
- Discoverer of the quantized conductance in quantum point contacts in November 1987 (together with B. van Wees, C. Beenakker and H. van Houten).