||Department of Physics University of Basel,|
Klingelbergstr, 82, CH-4056 Basel, Switzerland
||Ph.D Student and teaching assistant at the Univ. of Zurich (08/83-12/85)|
||- Chairman, Department of Physics & Astronomy, Univ. of Basel (09/98-08/99, 09/04-08/05)|
- Professor of Theoretical Physics (Ordinarious) Univ. of Basel, Switzerland (since 10/96)
- Assistant Professor of Physics, Simon Fraser University, Vancouver, Canada (01/93-08/95)
- Research Scientist, condensed matter theory division, IBM T.J. Watson Research Center, Yorktown Heights, USA (09/91-01/93)
- Postdoctoral Research Fellow with Prof. A.J. Leggett at the Univ. of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, USA. (10/89-09/91)
- Postdoctoral Research Associate at the Univ. of Zurich (12/85-09/89)
||Fellow, American Physical Society (2000)|
||Condensed Matter Theory: Quantum coherence, spintronics, and quantum computing in electronic and magnetic nanosystems|
||- Since April 1998: External Faculty member at the Center for Spintronics and Quantum Computation, University of California, Santa Barbara, USA|
- Since Nov. 2003: External member of Center for "Quantum systems and information technology" (QSIT), ETH Zurich, Switzerland; http://www.qsit.ethz.ch/
- Since Aug. 2004: External Participant at the Nanoscale Science and Engineering Center (NSEC), Harvard University, Boston, USA; http://www.nsec.harvard.edu/
- Since 1999 reviewer for the German Science Foundation (DFG) for various programs (Focus program on QHE, Cooperative Research Center 631 (Munich area), etc.). Special reviewer for the Humboldt Foundation.
- Since 2001: Referee for various research propropsal and program reviewer for the EC research commission
- Since 2001: Founding member and member of the Scienti.c Board of the National Center of Competence on Nanoscience, University of Basel, Switzerland; designated vice-director of NCCR; http://www.nanoscience.unibas.ch. Leader of the Project on Quantum Computing and Quantum Coherence.
- Since 2000: Member of the Editorial Board of the Virtual Journal of Nanoscale Science and Technology
- Since October 2004: Advisory Editor of Europhysics Letters
- Lower bound for electron spin entanglement from beamsplitter current correlations. G. Burkard and D. Loss, Phys. Rev. Lett. 91, 087903 (2003); cond-mat/0303209.
- Dynamical Coulomb blockade and spin-entangled electrons. P. Recher and D. Loss, Phys. Rev. Lett. 91, 267003 (2003); cond-mat/0307444.
- Optical Detection of Single-Electron Spin Decoherence in a Quantum Dot. Oliver Gywat, Hans-Andreas Engel, Daniel Loss, R. J. Epstein, F. Mendoza, D. D. Awschalom, Phys. Rev. B 69, 205303 (2004); condmat/0307669.
- Transport through a Double Quantum Dot in the Sequential and Co-Tunneling regimes. V. Golovach and D. Loss, cond-mat/0308241, Phys. Rev. B (to appear).
- Measurement e.ciency and n-shot read out of spin qubits. H.-A. Engel, V. Golovach, D. Loss, L.M.K. Vandersypen, J.M. Elzerman, R. Hanson, and L.P. Kouwenhoven, Phys. Rev. Lett. 93, 106804 (2004); cond-mat/0309023.
- Coulomb scattering in a 2D interacting electron gas and production of EPR pairs. D. S. Saraga, B. L. Altshuler, D. Loss, and R. M. Westervelt, Phys. Rev. Lett 92, 246803 (2004); cond-mat/0310421.
- Phonon-induced decay of the electron spin in quantum dots. V. N. Golovach, A. Khaetskii, and D. Loss, Phys. Rev. Lett. 93, 016601 (2004); cond-mat/0310655.
- Hyper.ne interaction in a quantum dot: Non-Markovian electron spin dynamics. W. A. Coish and D. Loss, Phys. Rev. B 70, 195340 (2004); cond-mat/0405676.
- Coulomb scattering cross-section in a 2D electron gas and production of entangled electrons. D.S. Saraga, B.L. Altshuler, D. Loss, R.M. Westervelt, cond-mat/0408362.
- Asymmetric Quantum Shot Noise in Quantum Dots. H.-A. Engel and D. Loss, Phys. Rev. Lett. 93, 136602 (2004); cond-mat/0312107.
- Controlling Spin Qubits in Quantum Dots. H.-A. Engel, L.P. Kouwenhoven, D. Loss, and C.M. Marcus, Quantum Information Processing 3, 115 (2004); cond-mat/0409294.