Elucidation of the molecular mechanisms underlying pathogenesis of deseases caused by the failure of dynamic maintenance of homeostasis in vascular system
|Research Site||Tokyo Medical and Dental University|
|Graduate School of Medicine and Dental Sciences|
Blood vessels play critical roles in the maintenance of homeostasis of our body, and have been implicated in the pathogenesis and progression of many types of diseases such as cancer and heart failure. Since vascular endothelial cells are exposed to many types of stimuli, homeostasis of the vascular systems is dynamically maintained by the intrinsic and extrinsic mechanisms. In this project, we focus on the endothelial-to-mesenchymal transition (EndMT) in which vascular endothelial cells undergo mesenchymal transition during progression of cancer and heart failure. The obtained results will aid to develop novel therapeutic strategies for EndMT-related diseases.
- Katsura A, Suzuki HI, Ueno T, Mihira H, Yamazaki T, Yasuda T, Watabe T, Mano H, Yamada Y, *Miyazono K. (2016) MicroRNA-31 is a positive modulator of endothelial-mesenchymal transition and associated secretory phenotype induced by TGF-β. Genes to Cells. 21:99-116
- Miyazaki H, Yoshimatsu Y, Akatsu Y, Mishima K, Fukayama M, *Watabe T, Miyazono K. (2014) Expression of platelet-derived growth factor receptor β is maintained by Prox1 in lymphatic endothelial cells and is required for tumor lymphangiogenesis. Cancer Science. 105:1116-1123
- Yoshimatsu Y, Lee YG, Akatsu Y, Taguchi L, Suzuki HI, Cunha SI, Maruyama K, Suzuki Y, Yamazaki T, Katsura A, Oh SP, Zimmers TA, Lee SJ, Pietras K, Koh GY, *Miyazono K, Watabe T. (2013) Bone morphogenetic protein-9 inhibits lymphatic vessel formation via activin receptor-like kinase 1 during development and cancer progression. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America. 110:18940-18945
- Yamazaki T, Suehiro J, Miyazaki H, Minami T, Kodama T, Miyazono K, *Watabe T. (2013) The COUP-TFII variant lacking a DNA-binding domain inhibits the activation of the Cyp7a1 promoter through physical interaction with COUP-TFII. Biochemical Journal. 452:345-357.
- Suzuki HI, Mihira H, Watabe T, Sugimoto K, *Miyazono K. (2013) Widespread inference of weighted microRNA-mediated gene regulation in cancer transcriptome analysis. Nucleic Acids Research. 41:e62.