Elucidation of the locomo-circuit to control the dynamic maintenance and transfiguration of homeostasis in the locomotive system
||Tokyo Medical and Dental University|
|Department of Cell Signaling, Graduate School of Medical and Dental Sciences|
Mechanical stress is responsible for determining the architecture of the locomotive system such as bone and muscle. However, the molecular mechanisms underlying sensing and adapting to mechanical stress have not been well elucidated. In this study, an effort will be made to reveal the molecular mechanisms underlying the interaction of the bone and muscle, which elucidation might considerably impact fundamental understanding in locomotive biology. Furthermore, the findings of this study will not only help create a novel framework for biological understanding, but also provide a molecular basis for future pharmacological intervention into a variety of human motor disorders.
- Terashima A, Okamoto K, Nakashima T, Akira S, Ikuta K, Takayanagi H. Osteoblasts mediate immunosuppression in sepsis. Immunity 44(6):1434-43. (2016).
- Iida A, Xing W, Docx MK, Nakashima T, Wang Z, Kimizuka M, Van Hul W, Rating D, Spranger J, Ohashi H, Miyake N, Matsumoto N, Mohan S, Nishimura G, Mortier G, Ikegawa S. Identification of biallelic LRRK1 mutations in osteosclerotic metaphyseal dysplasia and evidence for locus heterogeneity. J Med Genet. 53(8):568-74. (2016).
- Ono T, Okamoto T, Nakashima T, Nitta T, Hori S, Iwakura Y, Takayanagi H. IL-17-producing γδ T cells enhance bone regeneration. Nat Commun 11(7):10928. (2016)
- Guerrini MM, Okamoto K, Komatsu N, Danks L, Nakashima T, Takayanagi H. Inhibition of the TNF family cytokine RANKL prevents autoimmune inflammation in the central nervous system. Immunity 43(6): 1174-85. (2015).
- Danks L, Komatsu N, Guerrini MM, Sawa S, Armaka M, Kollias G, Nakashima T, Takayanagi H. RANKL expressed on synovial fibroblasts is primarily responsible for bone erosions during joint inflammation. Ann Rheum Dis 75(6):1187-95. (2015).