Homeostasis and allergy crosstalk of the skin
|Graduate School of Medicine|
The skin is continuously exposed to external stimuli, but keeps homeostasis therein. We consider that barrier disruption of the skin leads to foreign antigen exposure, which leads to establishment of skin allergy, and then to other allergic diseases in other organs. Therefore, we will evaluate the functions of barrier and immunology of the skin, and then to establish the basis for clinical applications.
- Ruzicka T. Hanifin JM, Furue M, Pulka G, Mlynarczyk I, Wollenberg A, Galus R, Etoh T, Mihara R, Yoshida H, Stewart J, and Kabashima K. A Phase II, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, multiple-dose study to evaluate the safety, tolerability, and efficacy of CIM331 in atopic dermatitis patients who are inadequately controlled by or intolerant to topical therapy (EXCIMA study). New Engl J Med. 2017 (in press)
- Sachiko Ono, Gyohei Egawa, Akihiko Kitoh, Teruki Dainichi, Atsushi Otsuka, Saeko Nakajima, Tetsuya Honda, and Kenji Kabashima. Local inflammation exacerbates cutaneous manifestations in a murine autoimmune pemphigus model. J Allergy Clin Immunol. (in press)
- Amano W, Nakajima S, Kunugi H, Numata Y, Kitoh A, Egawa G, Dainichi T, Honda T, Otsuka A, Kimoto Y, Yamamoto Y, Tanimoto A, Matsushita M, Miyachi Y, Kabashima K. The Janus kinase inhibitor JTE-052 improves skin barrier function through suppressing signal transducer and activator of transcription 3 signaling. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2015 Sep;136(3):667-677
- Sawada Y, Honda T, Hanakawa S, Nakamizo S3, Murata T, Ueharaguchi-Tanada Y, Ono S, Amano W, Nakajima S, Egawa G, Tanizaki H, Otsuka A, Kitoh A, Dainichi T, Ogawa N, Kobayashi Y, Yokomizo T, Arita M, Nakamura M, Miyachi Y, Kabashima K. Resolvin E1 inhibits dendritic cell migration in the skin and attenuates contact hypersensitivity responses. J Exp Med. 2015 Oct 19;212(11):1921-30.
- Natsuaki Y, Egawa G, Nakamizo S, Ono S, Hanakawa S, Okada T, Kusuba N, Otsuka A, Kitoh A, Honda T, Nakajima S, Tsuchiya S, Sugimoto Y, Ishii KJ, Tsutsui H, Yagita H, Iwakura Y, Kubo M, Ng Lg, Hashimoto T, Fuentes J, Guttman-Yassky E, Miyachi Y, Kabashima K. Perivascular leukocyte clusters are essential for efficient activation of effector T cells in the skin. Nat Immunol. 2014 Nov;15(11):1064-9.