Invitation for Japanese-French joint research proposals for two CREST Research Areas
18 Feburary, 2019
JST and the French National Research Agency (Agence Nationale de la Recherche; “ANR”) concluded a Framework Agreement in December 2017.
The purpose of this Agreement is to foster Japanese-French collaboration in scientific research and to fund joint research projects conducted by Japanese and French partners eligible for funding from each agency, within the framework of the JST-CREST program.
In FY2019, JST has agreed with ANR to establish the following two CREST Research Areas as common priority research areas and to invite Japanese-French joint research proposals, as well as regular (non-joint) proposals:
Excellent joint research projects, in which complementarities of research expertise and synergetic effects of research groups of the two countries can be expected, are highly welcome to apply.
For selected joint research projects, JST(CREST) will fund Japanese research groups and ANR will fund French research groups in accordance with the regulations and policies applicable to each agency.
Please refer to“Overview” and “Research Supervisor’s Policy on Call for Application, Selection, and Management of the Research Area”of each Research Area for details.
“Overview” and “Research Supervisor’s Policy on Call for Application, Selection, and Management of the Research Area”
Symbiotic Interaction: Creation and development of core technologies interfacing human and information environments Technology for Computing Revolution for Society 5.0
- To apply, principal investigators (PIs) from the Japanese and French sides will write a common joint research proposal and submit it to JST and ANR in parallel. The joint research proposal should be written in English using the Common Application Form.
- PI from French side will apply and submit the common joint research proposal to ANR.
- PI from Japanese side will apply and submit the common joint research proposal to CREST via the e-RAD system with a summary of research proposal in Japanese.
- JST and ANR will evaluate proposals in parallel and make common funding decisions.
- Funded research projects will start in October or later.