Call for Research Proposals for the Strategic Basic Research Programs (CREST, PRESTO, ACT-X) in 2019 is now closed.
Thank you for submitting proposals.
- PRESTO/ACT-X : Tuesday, May 28, 2019 at 12:00 noon, Japan time
- CREST : Tuesday, June 4, 2019 at 12:00 noon, Japan time
- Notification of document screening results : Middle of July - Early in August
- Interview period : Late in July - Middle in August
- Research start : October, 2019 or After
- 2019.11.30Pre-announcement: Call for CREST, Japan(JST) - France(ANR) joint Research Proposals FY2020.
- 2019.6.4Call for Research Proposals for the Strategic Basic Research Programs (CREST, PRESTO, ACT-X) in 2019 is now closed. Thank you for submitting proposals.
- 2019.5.9Updated information about Schedule for Selection of each Research Area.
- 2019.4.25Published the Research Advisor List of New Research Area.
- 2019.4.23Released Materials in briefing session for JST Strategic Basic Research Programs.
- 2019.4.17Released Application Guideline, Application Forms and Research Supervisor's Policy for Selection of each Research Area in English.
- 2019.4.12Current system trouble on e-Rad (English version):
If you access to the e-Rad system (English version) and search "call for applications" without logging into the system, incorrect data would be shown on your PC.
This system trouble would not happen if you "login" and search the same information.
- 2019.4.9Released a CREST, PRESTO and ACT-X call for Research Proposals for FY2019
- 2019.2.18Invitation for Japanese-French joint research proposals for two CREST Research Areas
Educational Programs on Research Integrity
The research project applicant must complete the educational program for research integrity as a prerequisite for application. Note that if completion of the program cannot be confirmed, the application will be disqualified for failing to meet the requirements.
Please refer to here for further information.
Reference: JST Research Integrity
How to apply
Please submit your Research Proposal via e-Rad. No proposal for which the application procedure has not been completed via e-Rad by the deadline is subject to examination for any reason.
Since e-Rad system has not fully supported the application in English, it is recommended that Japanese associates apply on behalf of those who are not used to handling paperwork in Japanese.
If there is any contradiction between what the English language version of this website says and Japanese language version says, then the Japanese language version shall take precedence.