Strategic International Collaborative Research Program (SICORP)
Information on Japanese-Swiss Joint Call
（Last update : September 8, 2017）
The Japan Science and Technology Agency (JST) and the Swiss National Science Foundation (SNSF), in order to promote international research interaction and exchange among researchers in Japan, are jointly accepting proposals for Japanese-Swiss collaborative research projects in the field of “Research on Hydrogen as a renewable energy carrier”.
"Research on Hydrogen as a renewable energy carrier"
- Hydrogen production technologies using (photo)electrolysis, photocatalysis or thermal decomposition, etc.
- Hydrogen storage and transportation technologies using metal hydrides, organic hydrides, or liquid hydrogen, etc.
- Hydrogen utilization technologies such as renewable fuel cells or hydrogen turbines, etc.
Details of Support
Research networking and exchange projects selected for funding in this call will receive support for a period of 3 years totaling no more than approximately 18,000,000 JPY including direct and indirect costs. Examples of direct costs can include research materials, personnel costs, travel costs and events.
Full details of support can be found in the Japanese guidance information above and “5: Funding” in the Call Document.
Period of the Call for Proposals
Tuesday 15th August 2017 until Tuesday 14th November 2017, 18:00 (Japan time)
Tuesday 15th August 2017 until Tuesday 14th November 2017, 10:00 (Swiss time)
- Proposals should be jointly drafted by your team and jointly submitted electronically via the mySNF portal.
- In addition, the Project Leader from the Japanese team will have to register their application information, legal compliance checklist and compliance agreement（応募様式別紙（日本語様式）） on the Cross Ministerial R&D Management System (e-Rad).
- An e-Rad guidance for applicants (in Japanese) is available: 「e-Radによる応募方法」
For further application instructions and guidance, please refer to the following information (available only in Japanese): 「日本側応募者への応募にあたっての注意事項」
- The call documents and guidance can be downloaded from below
- SNSF announcement page
Japan Science and Technology Agency (JST) Department of International Affairs
Ms. Izumi Tsune, Mr. Soichi Kubota
TEL： +81-3-5214-7375 FAX：+81-3-5214-7379
Copyright © 2017 Japan Science and Technology Agency All rights reserved.