Sustainable Developmeng Goals (SDGs)
In September, 2015, the United Nations General Assembly unanimously adopted the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development that comprise of 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and 169 targets. The SDGs provide the universal goals to the issues the world including Japan and the humanity faces. The goals and targets of the SDGs are relevant to the implementation of Super Smart Society, "Society 5.0" (Forth Industrial Revolution), set by the 5th Science and Technology Basic Plan as a major pillar of the Japan's Plan for Dynamic Engagement of All Citizens for the strategic growth as well as to the basic principle of our international cooperation.
Long-lasting insecticidal mosquito net (Olyset™ Net)
Sumitomo Chemical Company, Limited
Innovative Water Desalination and Reclamation Systems
Center of Innovation Science and Technology based Radical Innovation and Entrepreneurship Program (COI STREAM)
Delivering devices, equipment, and solutions that help reduce energy usage during production to customers around the world
Mitsubishi Electric Corporation
Sustainable Forest Future Community; Shimokawa town
- Science Agora at Telecom Center Building, Tokyo
- The Science Centre World Summit (SCWS) at Miraikan in Tokyo
- Open Symposium on SDGs and Science, Technology and Innovation at United Nations University, Tokyo
- Gender Summit10 Asia & Pacific on Better Science and Innovation through Gender, Diversity and Inclusive Engagement
- 2017 Multi-stakeholder Forum on Science, Technology and Innovation for the SDGs (STI forum)
- 2017 AAAS Annual Meeting Exhibitor Sponsored Workshop on “How Can the Global Science Enterprise Effectively Respond to Sustainable Development Goals?
- International Conference on Science and Technology for Sustainability at Science Council of Japan