Japan Science and Technology Agency (JST), Swets and Elsevier have come to agreements to load metadata from 119 journals on J-STAGE* to SwetsWise Online Content* and SciVerse Scopus*. Based on the agreements, J-STAGE provides metadata for 103 journals to SwetsWise Online Content and 90 journals to SciVerse Scopus. J-STAGE full text articles, from peer-reviewed Japanese academic society journals, will be searchable and directly accessible from their search results.
J-STAGE is already linked to various databases and search engines such as PubMed, ChemPort, STN, NASA Astrophysics Data System and Google.
The addition of J-STAGE metadata to some of the world’s premier databases extends customer search experience and brings further visibility of Japanese society journals to the academic community.
- * About J-STAGE
- J-STAGE launched in 1999 aims to disseminate research output efficiently and effectively by encouraging Japanese academic societies to publish their journals electronically, and it is non-profit and the largest electronic journal platform for academic journals in Japan. Content on J-STAGE spans about 700 academic journals (330,000 articles) mainly in science, technology and medicine. All abstracts are free and more than 90% of abstracts are available in English. Links to reference and citing articles are also available (powered by CrossRef).
- * About SwetsWise Online Content
- SwetsWise Online Content provided by Swets to over 160 countries is one of the largest bibliographic databases around the world. It contains over 25 million searchable references and links to more than 10,000 full text articles.
- * About SciVerse Scopus
- SciVerse Scopus provided by Elsevier to over 180 countries is the world’s largest abstract and citation database of peer-reviewed literature and quality web sources. It contains 43 million records of nearly 18,000 titles from 5,000 publishers worldwide.
- For further information please visit: http://www.jstage.jst.go.jp/browse/
Japan Science and Technology Agency (JST)
Electronic Journals Division
Department of Advanced Databases
5-3, Yonbancho, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 102-8666, JAPAN
Public Relations Division
5-3, Yonbancho Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 102-8666, JAPAN
Phone: +81-3-5214-8404 Fax: +08-3-5214-8432