- Ex-post Evaluation in Fiscal 2010 (Projects completed in fiscal 2010)
Ex-post evaluation of SORST research in JST basic research programs during fiscal 2010 (Projects completed in fiscal 2010)
June 3, 2011
Department of Research Promotion
This is a report on our ex-post evaluation of 7 research programs (3 CREST type research programs, 3 ERATO type research program, and 1 ICORP type research program) among SORST research conducted in the JST basic research programs.
1. Target research program and evaluation results
As shown in Reference 1.
2. List of evaluators
As shown in Reference 2.
3. Method of evaluation
The research supervisor of SORST evaluated each research program in cooperation with outside experts by such means as interviewing research representatives. The following describes how the evaluation was conducted.
1. Each research representative prepared a research report.
2. The research report was sent to the evaluators.
3. An evaluation session was held.
- The research representative presented the research details, research system, research findings and other details.
- Questions and answers were exchanged between the research representative and evaluators.
4. Each evaluator prepared an evaluation form.
5. The project supervisor summarized the evaluation results.
- The project supervisor prepared a statement of the evaluation results (draft) for each research program based on the evaluation form prepared by each evaluator.
- The statement of research results (draft) was presented to the research representative and its facts were confirmed.
- The project supervisor summarized the evaluation results.
6. The evaluation results were reported to the Board of Directors and other bodies, and then made open to the public.
4. Evaluation standards and evaluation items
1. Evaluation standards
- Status of research findings such as the acquisition of new knowledge through outside presentations (by such means as paper and oral presentations), patents and studies
- Contribution of the research findings obtained to science and technology
2. Evaluation items
- What is the status of the research findings?
- Are the findings appropriate as viewed from the initial research scheme (the overall research plan)?
- What is the scientific and technical impact of the research findings obtained?