Research Support System at JST
JST provides strong support for researchers. In collaboration with Research Supervisors, the staff of five departments at JST's Office of Basic Research works together with researchers to ensure smoother proceeding of the projects.
Research is conducted by a team or groups led by the project director.
Project Director's Responsibility
- Submit a research proposal after forming own research team.
- Once adopted, the director takes responsibility for the entire project throughout the research period, including budget and expenditure control, progress management and the use of the project's output.
- The director is expected to take every opportunity to publish scientific papers and present the research result at academic conferences. He/she also is required to take part in workshops and symposiums held by JST.
- The size of a team is up to the director but in most cases somewhere between 5 and 20.
- The director may invite members who belong to other institutes, universities or organizations as joint researchers, when he/she considers the participation of such members are indispensable for achieving the research objectives.