This decade has seen remarkable advancements in Artificial Cell Reactor (ACR) technology. These developments have enabled highly sensitive analyses of biological reactions, and the reconstitution of complex biological reaction networks in cell-sized reactors arranged in an array. The ACR technology has attracted significant global attention from both academia and industry, the latter whom have the expectation of bringing a breakthrough technology to diagnostics, high throughput screening of functional molecules, and artificial cell/genome applications. Since these initial developments, we launched the ImPACT* Program entitled “Artificial Cell Reactor Technology for an Enriched and Secure Society and New Bioengineering”. This program is designed to promote further research and development of the ACR technology towards societal implementation, creating a better future for all.
＊ImPACT: Impulsing Paradigm Change through Disruptive Technologies Program, funded by Cabinet Office, Government of Japan and conducted by Japan Science and Technology Agency (JST)
This symposium aims to offer a discussion platform for updating the latest advancements in ACR science and technology. Intended invited speakers are top scientists from all over the world active in relevant fields such as: synthetic biology, chemical biology, micro/nano device technology, and advanced imaging technology.
Hiroyuki Noji, ImPACT Program Manager, Japan Science and Technology Agency(JST)
- ・Tomoaki Matsuura, Associate Professor, Osaka University
- ・Kentaro Miyazaki, Group Leader, Synthetic Bioengineering Research Group, National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology (AIST)
- ・Yasuteru Urano, Professor, The University of Tokyo
- ・Kiyohiko Igarashi, Associate Professor, The University of Tokyo
- ・Nobuhiko Tokuriki, Assistant Professor, University of British Columbia
- ・Takeshi Murata, Professor, Chiba University
- ・Masayuki Suetsugu, Associate Professor, Rikkyo University
- ・Shoji Takeuchi, Professor, The University of Tokyo
- ・Kazuhito Tabata, Lecturer, The University of Tokyo
- ・Mitsuhiro Itaya, Professor, Keio University
- ・Daisuke Kiga, Professor, Waseda University
- ・Shigeyuki Kakizawa, Senior Researcher, National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology (AIST)
Dr. Roland Ludwig (University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences (BOKU), Austria)
Professor Emeritus Pier Luigi Luisi (University of Roma Tre, Italy)
Professor Mitsuhiro Itaya (Keio University, Japan)
Professor Akihiko Kondo (Kobe University, Japan)
Professor Andreas Plückthun (University of Zurich, Switzerland)
Professor Jeff Errington (Newcastle University, UK)
Professor John Glass (J. Craig Venter Institute, USA)
Charles Deering Professor Michael Jewett (Northwestern University, USA)
Please refer to the following link.
Ito International Research Center, The University of Tokyo
Registration is free of charge, except for banquet in the evening of Day 1.
The online registration is now open. Register Now