Newsletter written and edited by SATREPS student interns
The SATREPS student interns include male and female students from a variety of years. Their jobs include posting on Friends of SATREPS to ask about anything they don't understand or would like to know more about, and getting to know researchers and overseas students so as to learn more about SATREPS. The newsletter is an important tool for communicating what sort of program SATREPS is, and for telling people about the essence of SATREPS. One of the important tasks handled by the student interns is editing and publishing the newsletter.
|Email newsletter details
||Friends of SATREPS Newsletter
||Irregularly (Typically once or twice a month)
||To subscribe, first register as a member of Friends of SATREPS.
||Emailed automatically to subscribers
- Student intern activity 1 : Interviewing SATREPS researchers
- Interviewing is an opportunity to hear Japanese and developing-country researchers talk about the leading-edge research currently being conducted as SATREPS projects, and about their experiences in the countries they visit as part of the project.
- Student intern activity 2: Communicating SATREPS
- Using what we have learned through interviews and visits to researchers at work, we plan events such as the Global Festa and photography exhibitions, and create pamphlets and posters.
These activities give us the opportunity to learn more about SATREPS ourselves, and to communicate what we have learned to a wider audience.
The email newsletter is edited from a student perspective, and includes SATREPS event reports, interviews, news of events and information on communities. Please join Friends of SATREPS and subscribe to the newsletter. We're sure you'll find it interesting.
INDEX of Latest Newsletter
August 20, 2012Friends of SATREPS Newsletter No.12
Bridge between You and Science
- 1.[Special Topics 1] Welcome New Intern Students!
- 2.[Special Topics 2] Bridge between You and Science -What is Science Communication?-
- [ No.11 ] March 22, 2012
- [ No.10 ] February 19,2012
- [ No.09 ] January 30,2012
- [ No.08 ] December 27,2011
- [ No.07 ] November 2,2011
- [ No.06 ] September 16,2011
- [ No.05 ] August 22,2011
- [ No.04 ] August 12,2011
- [ No.03 ] August 5,2011
- [ No.02 ] July 29,2011
- [ No.01 ] July 20,2011
Friends of SATREPS is an online community for people involved in SATREPS projects or with an interest in SATREPS.
Access for Research Institutions
Japan Science and Technology Agency (JST)
Research Partnership for Sustainable Development Division
TEL : +81-3-5214-8085
Tokyo Headquarters, 8th Floor, K's Gobancho 7, Gobancho, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo, 102-0076 Japan